We have discovered that Jackson is a little, o.k...a lot scared of a certain toy we have in our bathroom. During bath time this week, John squeaked a rubber ducky and Jack became frightened. I received this ducky as a gift when I was born and my Momma gave it to Jack. During bath time tonight, we decided to face our fears head on:) Jack was obviously upset at first, but we had a breakthrough. I see a future of friendship between Jack and "Scary Duck!"
The initial confrontation...
Ducky Breakthrough...the next video will not upload, so here is a summary. Ducky slowly came closer and closer to the tubby. Jack had one eye one him at all times. Jack hit Scary Duck, Scary Duck recovered and returned to the side of the tub. Mommy distracted Jack with another toy. Scary Duck made it in the tub with Jack. Jack ran for the hills. Jack held Mommy's hand and returned to the tub with Scary Duck in close proximity. End result: Jack and Scary Duck are friends.

No comments:
Post a Comment